Get Skinny Quick Tips
25 WAYS TO Attack Weight Loss… Cleverly
1. Thoroughly chew your food. Eat slowly and thoroughly chew your food. Did you know, when eating slowly, you eat significantly less food? Eating slow gives your brain time to signal to your stomach that you’re full, BEFORE, you over-eat!
2. Add spicy foods to your diet. Spicy foods force the body into thermogenesis. Not only does it imitate the effects of the exercise process but it boosts energy as a result of the thermogenesis process. It also burns carbs and fat, and it’s known to suppress your appetite and decrease the amount of body fat.
3. Eat late. Eat at least an hour or two before bedtime. Reason; staving your body late at night will decrease your resting metabolic rate. You can actually help to speed up your resting metabolism by eating two hours before going to bed. That doesn’t mean to eat a big bowl of ice cream and cookies… LOL! But eating a nice healthy snack before sleeping can improve your metabolism.
4. Eating before you get hungry. We all know that once we get hungry, we will grab the first thing that we see. And normally that’s processed or junk food. One key; always keep a healthy snack in your handbag, backpack, or car etc…
5. Eat often. Not eating when you’re hungry will decrease your metabolic rate and force you to eat unhealthy foods.
6. Drink plenty of water. Try to drink at least a glass of water every hour. Water promotes proper elimination, and releases toxins and waste from your system.
7. Eliminate processed foods. Pre-package foods normally have a slew of unhealthy ingredients. To name a few: high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, and lots of sodium to help preserve the food.
8. Add fruit to your diet. Adding fruit is a great source of fiber. Fiber helps to fill you up faster therefore, you’ll eat less. And it also assists with the elimination process.
9. Use real butter. (Organic when possible) Margarine isn’t a natural food. It was genetically manufactured. It’s a lot worse than butter. That’s also why natural butter (NOT margarine) is one of the best fats for cooking.
Saturated fats from tropical oils are actually good for you as they contain mostly medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) which are lacking in most people’s diets. In fact, lauric acid is one of the abundant MCTs in tropical oils and is known to strengthen the immune system.
10. Ditch the diet drinks: Did you know that there is a 41% increase in risk of being overweight for every diet soda you drink? Artificial sweeteners in diet sodas, create a negative hormonal response in the body that increases fat storing hormone production and increases cravings for more sweets.
11. Drink green tea. Green tea can increase your daily fat burning rate by 43%”, according to Dr. Nicholas Perricone, world-renowned doctor. He stated, “…you’d lose up to 10 pounds in 4-6 weeks from doing nothing but drinking green tea. (1-2 cups daily)
12. Get plenty of Sleep. Sleep at least 8 hours each night. Research shows that women who get at least 6-7 hours of sleep every night burn an additional 300 calories more, than those who get less sleep. Sleeping not only aids in making you beautiful but also helps you to control your weight.
13. Relaxation: We all know the damage that stress can cause. Stress also plays a major role in regulating our metabolic rate. Experiencing chronic stress can disrupt your hormones. Our hormones control and or regulate our attitude toward, food choices along with other things. When you’re stressed you sometimes make poor food choices.
14. Try wu-long tea. Wu-long tea has been shown to burn 220% more fat than green tea.
15. Cook with more fat burning spices. Chili Powder – contains a very powerful stimulant called capsaicin. Capsaicin is thermogenic and causes your body’s temperature to rise. We’ve all seen people whom eat hot spicy food and then they begin to sweat.
Fennel Seeds -The Greek termed fennel; means to grow thin. Fennel seed is great as an appetite suppressant. You can also drink fennel tea or add fennel seeds to your meals. (They’re good in spaghetti or baked goods.)
Ginger -According to research, ginger can increase your metabolism and help to burn calories. Ginger also has thermogenic properties which raises our body temperature and helps to stimulate body fat.
16. Incorporate fats into your diets. Eat some fatty foods. That includes a slice of pizza now and again. Bet you never heard that one. But you’ve heard that love begets love and you fight fire with fire. Well the same goes for fat. Fat helps eliminate fat… but only in moderation and strategically.
17. Eat wild caught fish. In today’s economy the farm-raised fish industry is taking over. Generally speaking farm-raised fish will have 10-30% more fat and calories than wild-caught fish. Not to mention more disease and parasites.
18. Eat Protein. Be sure to include protein into your daily diet. Did you know that you actually burn more calories digesting protein? And it also creates satiety, so you stay fuller, longer? Trying to avoid eating fat will negatively affect hormone levels and induce cravings.
19. Do away with bad trans fats. The bad trans fats are the man-made kind.
20. Eat grass-fed beef. When at all possible try to purchase grass-fed beef. Because like the old saying goes you are what you eat. When you eat beef from cows whose diet consist of soy, then you are adding another layer of soy ie. corn, to your diet.
Diets That Work Doesn’t Have to Be a Diet At All
21. Eat free-range chicken. Chickens are supposed to run around in the chicken coop, not be contained in tight quarters. Chickens needs exercise just like us and if not they develop a bunch of fat, which causes us to get fat.
22. Read food labels…carefully. The drawback when reading labels is that the FDA has made it so difficult for the average person to understand labels. Have you read the label on a loaf of bread? Were you surprised with the amount of sodium in a slice of bread… I was floored.
Fact; food manufacturers are allowed to label a food”trans fat free” if 1 serving size contains less than 0.5 grams of trans fat. So what some smart companies do is drop their serving size down, knowing that the average person never eats 1 serving anyway.
23. Stop the Simple Sugar. Simple sugar adds pounds and stores fat, as opposed to proteins. It takes more energy for your body to digest and use proteins than it does for sugars. The thermic effect of protein is the highest of all foods.
24. Back to Nature. Your daily diet plan should be to keep your food choices natural. If you can’t hunt, fish, gather or pluck it, then it’s more than likely a fat storing food choice as opposed to a fat burning food choice.
Remember, in elementary school, we were all taught the basic food groups. (Some of us have to think back further than others), but somehow we’ve gotten caught up within our busy lives and have eliminated one or more selections from the group.
25. Avoid liquid calories. Liquid calories include beverages such as; juices, (diet and non-diet), and sports drinks. Those drinks have empty calories and simple sugars. They will give you an instant burst of energy that won’t last long. And it’s a quick way of storing fat and adding on unwanted pounds.
***Bonus: The Secret for Eating Protein! Did you know, after eating protein your metabolic rate will increase by give or take 30%? So how does this affect your weight loss endeavors? Check this out; you’ll save the intake of 30 calories for every 100 calories of protein.
Here’s how it works. For every 100 calories of protein that you ingest, your metabolic rate increased by 30%. So off the bat, if you eat 100 calories of protein 30 calories is burned immediately because of the digestion process. In comparison, the thermic effects of carbs are usually around 10% and fats are a measly 5%.
Unfortunately, the less you have to lose the less you’ll lose; it’s harder for a person to lose 15 pounds if they’re only 15 pounds overweight, as opposed to a person being 50 pounds overweight. We hope our 25 Diet Tips helps.